Last Seen : 4/29/2017 7:58:34 PM
Member Since : 6/20/2010
Florida College of Natural Health
Diploma in Massage Therapy and Bodywork 2008 (see below for licensure numbers)
Master’s of Health Science – Graduate 2003
Florida Atlantic University: Dual Degrees
Bachelor’s of Exercise Science: Education – Graduate 1990
Bachelor’s of Fine Art: Communications – Graduate 1990
Premier Education Group at American Institute – Margate, FL
Academic Developer, 4/2016 – Present
On a part time/adjunct basis, work with classroom teachers to order books and materials for instructional use, observe teachers to make recommendations on changes that could increase student performance, and be involved in the training of teachers. Involved in interpreting state guidelines and making changes to school curricula to ensure that the material students learn is in line with the state's/industry's standards. Also instruct in a classroom environment when needed, working directly with students with State Board Exam preparation as well as offer tutoring materials when needed. Assist with Massage Therapy Student Public Clinic. Provide Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to licensed Alumni/non-Alumni Licensed Massage Therapists.
ATOM [Atlantic Institute of Traditional Oriental Medicine] – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Outreach Director/Adjunct Instructor, 2/2009 –Present
On a part time/adjunct basis, be responsible of recruiting of new acupuncture students from the local community and schools within south Palm Beach, Broward, and north Miami-Dade counties. Organize/participate in recruiting career fairs, events, trade shows, et al. Responsible for all active recruiting efforts to convert inquiries to enrolled students. Participate in Recruiting Committee meetings and implementing recruiting strategies. Instruct in lecture and interactive formats Western Anatomy and Physiology, Western Pathology, Western Medical Terminology, Universal Precautions curriculum for acupuncture students.
Everest University – Pompano Beach, FL
Massage Therapy Program Director, 3/2013- 7/2014
Manage and implement curriculum for the Massage Therapy Diploma Program. Oversee recruiting and supervising faculty members, promoting appropriate professional development for faculty, reviewing and assessing curriculum, developing and managing department goals, developing beneficial relationships within the community and assisting in the marketing of the program. Teach class when needed.
Massage Envy – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Regional Recruiter/Trainer Southeastern Florida, 7/2014-4/2016
Oversee 44 Massage Envy Clinics’ Massage Therapy Staff(s) from Vero Beach, FL to Miami, FL. Responsible of recruiting of new clinical employees from career schools within Indian River County, Martin County, Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Dade County. Responsible to assist in all in-house training of staff Massage Therapist in Policies and Procedures, Standards of Practice, Spa Modalities, etc Facilitate State Exam Reviews & CEUs. Organize/participate in recruiting career fairs, events, trade shows, et al. Responsible for all active recruiting efforts to convert inquiries to hired employees, Participate in Recruiting Committee meetings and implementing recruiting strategies. Also responsible for providing operational support by working with internal and external Marketing/PR staff to build and strengthen Massage Envy Brand awareness.
Ultimate Medical Academy – Online/Tampa, FL
AS degree Spa Management Program Chair, 1/2012 – 7/2013
Academic leader of the department, responsible for its overall development and academic integrity. Provide leadership and coordination for all activities in the academic department and accountable for the overall management as well as the quality and integrity of the respective academic programs within the department. Work with the appropriate Program and Curriculum Directors to administer all aspects of each program within the department; oversee: recruiting and supervising faculty members, promoting appropriate professional development for faculty, reviewing and assessing curriculum, developing and managing department goals, developing beneficial relationships within the community and assisting in the marketing of the program. Have faculty status and encouraged to teach one class per year.
The Royal Palms Resort & Spa [Royal Palms, LLC] – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Spa Managing Consultant, 12/2010 – 7/1/2011
· Oversee start-up operations of the Spa and Fitness Center for The Royal Palms Resort.
· Hire, train, and coordinate a staff of massage therapist, skin/nail care specialist, and personal trainers (total staff of 15) in the daily treatments and services offered to the Resort’s guests as well as to local customers.
· Work with corporate marketing and advertising department to promote the Spa and Fitness Center locally as well as nationally and internationally.
Florida College of Natural Health – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Educator/Education Manager, 7/2001 – 4/2010
· Work as an assistant to the Director of Education to develop, execute, and maintain FCNH programs (Massage Therapy, Skin Care, Personal Training, Spa Management); and, propose curriculum revisions in response to industry developments, employer recommendations, and survey feedback.
· Coordinate and/or participate in the development of policy revisions as requested by the Director of Education.
· Oversee and participate in Advisory Board meetings.
· Work with faculty to ensure student progress in the areas of attendance and grades.
· Oversee school compliance with federal and state requirements/regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, COMPTA, and ACCSCT.
· Oversee FCNH programs to assess and evaluate the pedagogical effectiveness of learning environment as directed by the Director of Education.
· Evaluate transfer of credit escalations as needed.
· Provide oversight of tutoring, mentoring, and other educational assistance programs.
· Perform instructional duties as directed in lecture and interactive formats in the curriculum for massage therapy/personal training/spa management students with a variety of additional modalities.
· Manage and implement curriculum for the Massage Therapy and Physical Fitness Instructor program, including Nutrition, Exercise Science, Group Exercise, The Business of Personal Training, Exercise Assessment/ Programming, et al.
· Manage, create, and implement curriculum for the Spa Management (Bachelorette Program) curriculum, including business planning/operations marketing/retailing, human resources, finance, customer relations, legal issues, et al.
Everglades University – Online -Boca Raton, FL
Assistant Department Chair for Alternative Medicine/Allied Health, Online Division, 4/2010 – 12/30/2010
· Assist Department Chair in overseeing daily operations of department: curriculum development, manage faculty and student attendance, faculty development, and other various managerial/educational duties. Communicate regularly and effectively on program-related issues and topics with appropriate academic leadership.
· Contribute to administrative practices for tracking instructors.
· Respond directly to certain students’ concerns, and take appropriate actions based on these concerns.
· Keep abreast of policies, issues, and laws affecting learning.
· Work with faculty to ensure student progress in the areas of attendance and grades.
· Ensure adherence to institutional academic policies and procedure.
· Ensure compliance with federal, state and national accrediting body rules, regulations and policies.78degree Spa – Wilton Manors, FL
On-Call Licensed Massage Therapist, 4/ 2008 – Present
As a LMT, giving bodywork treatments using techniques from Swedish to Swe-Thai, including Deep Tissue and Sports.
Island Fitness Center – Hagan Park Community Center, Wilton Manors, FL
Personal Fitness Trainer, 5/2007 - Present
Working one-on-one with clients to plan or implement an exercise or fitness regimen.
Fitness Resource Associates – Watertown, MA
Certification Specialist, 11/1997 – 12/2009
· Presenter and examiner for ACSM’s personal trainer certification course.
· Entails methodologies of special populations, such as cardiovascular, pulmonary, and auto immune diseases [such as diabetes, HIV/AIDS, et al] as well as increased risked clients and apparently healthy individuals.
HIV Prevention Grant/Dept of Health – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Health Education Manager, 6/1999-7/2001
· Created, implemented, and had oversight responsibility for all HIV/AIDS health education into the M4M community, including areas of STD prevention/transmission, as well as general overall information in all areas of health and wellness.
· Active member of the BCPP (Broward Community Planning Partnership) and the SFAN (South Florida AIDS Network of Broward) consortia. Instructor of HIV 101 education classes.
· Supervised HIV/AIDS Community Outreach Coordinator and staff (5-6 people).
· Responsibilities included but not limited to: scheduling staff, organizing/facilitating workshops and special events, health fairs, et al.
· Staff writer for in-house and community outreach newsletter/magazine regarding health and wellness issues.
· Community liaison for GLCC [Gay and Lesbian Community Center of South Florida] whereas HIV Prevention collaboration were initiated with CBO/ASO’s such as Planned Parenthood, Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center, Inc, and DOH’s AIDS Program office.
Broward General Medical Center’s Wellness Center/Broward House – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Health/Fitness Instructor – Exercise Specialist/Physiologist, 11/1991- 6/1999
· Work with special populations such as cardiopulmonary insufficient, diabetes, HIV/AIDS clients/patients, et al.
· Developed exercise/educational programs.
· Facilitated health and fitness programs utilizing a wide variety of formats.
· Provided stress management classes based on Sivananda Yoga.
· Initiated and implemented health/fitness education, diagnostic/submaximal exercise testing, assessments, and prescriptions.
· Developed and implemented community outreach marketing promotions. Editor/writer for in-house newsletter Healthfully Yours.
UniversalTouch.com – Deerfield Beach, FL
Online/Hands-On Instructor – 2/2009 – Present
Work with CEO with proposing curriculum revisions in response to industry developments, employer recommendations, and survey feedback. Participate in curriculum development and implementation of both online and hands-on CEU courses as well as perform instructional duties as directed.
UniversalClass.com – Online - Tampa, FL
Online Instructor – 5/2010 - Present
Oversee online CEU classes on various topics ranging from Nutrition to Feng Shui to Massage and Reflexology.
ArtsUnited, Inc. – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Founder, 1/1999 – Present
Created a non-profit [501 (c) (3)] synergistic Arts/Artist networking organization dedicated to promoting unknown works of Art that present positive images of gay/lesbian role models through all media of Art.
WatchOutWeb.org (www.WOWTv.org) – South Florida, FL
Lead Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor, 7/1991 – 6/1994
Work with Athletic Director to provide quality group exercise classes as well as individual personal training scheduling. Oversee personal training staff of 10 as well as group exercise staff of 15 to ensure quality service for the Athletic Club members and their guests.
Doral Saturnia Spa & Resort –Doral, FL
Lead Exercise Physiologist, 6/1989 – 7/1991
Oversee a staff of 25 and coordinate/support any required clinical experience required within the assigned area of exercise programming in accordance with all applicable accreditation criteria and state agency regulations as needed to fulfill Resort guests’ needs.
The Polo Club of Boca Raton – Boca Raton, FL
Spa Coordinator, 3/1986 – 5/1989
Oversee a Spa staff of 20 and collaborate with the Spa Manager and Fitness Center Manager to develop, execute, and maintain Men’s’ Spa in accordance with all applicable accreditation criteria and state agency regulations as needed and to ensure Polo Club members and their guests have an enjoyable experience while using Spa facilities (massage, body treatments, wet/dry spa, et al.). Oversee scheduling of guest spa service. Work with Spa staff to ensure treatment quality meets the Polo Club of Boca Raton’s policies and procedures.
ArtService Encore Award Nominee – 2004, Artists of the Year Award
FAPSC Faculty Member of the Year – 2006-2007, State Award
ACCSCT Instructor of the Year – 2004, National Award.
FSMTA/NCBTMB CEU Provider
Published Author/Writer (www.echelonsend.com) (Echelon’s End: The Series)
Produced Playwright (2002 Manhattan’s Spotlight Theater Festival March/October) http://www.spotlighton.org/2002_Halloween/shows.htm
Muscle Myths vs. Facts: http://weightlifting.wordpress.com/2006/11/19/muscle-myths-vs-facts/
Jumping Rope To Burn Fat: http://www.fitfaq.com/2006/05/jumping-rope-to-burn-fat-look-great.html
Getting Older, Staying Stronger Over 40: http://www.howtobefit.com/getting-older-staying-stronger.htm
(Other Publications available upon request)
Oak Ridge Heritage and Preservation Association
Broward FSMTA Board Meeting
Dr. Dean Ornish Clinical Heart Trials: “Everyday Cooking”
(Additional presentations available upon request)